Páginas

sexta-feira, 13 de dezembro de 2013

Maid for the billionare - Ruth Cardello


Em português mais abaixo

Okay, so I know I was reading this in kindle to relax, expecting a simple but heart warming romance to take my mind off work.

The characters and situation were actually promising and in the beginning I thought I was going to like the book. I think I might have like it if the time span for the stuff that happened were more reasonable, but it's not. I hate regular love stories (I'm leaving out all that is paranormal and fantasy, the rules are sometimes different there) that develop in just a couple of days. A few days are more than enough for passion, but not for love that ends up in marriage and definitely not to really get to know a person. It happens here - the girl seems to have x-ray vision into the guys' emotions. It is all too sudden, too over the top, far too pink for my tastes. The lovers change their minds ("I don't believe him / her" to "he/she loves me", or "He/she is a liar" to "He/she's wonderful) in a few paragraphs. 

So, as the story went on, my annoyance grew, and it almost blew the top of my head when the end was arranged so that almost all is resolved and we get, not one couple, but three, and a nice lovely family that makes amends... 

Started out fine, nice characters... completely blew the plot.

Em português:

Peguei neste livro no kindle para relaxar do trabalho, à espera de um romance simples mas que me aquecesse o coração.

Cmeçou bem, com personagens simpáticas numa situação curiosa. Pensei que ia gostar do livrinho, e acho que até teria gostado se o tempo decorrido fosse razoável. Não gosto de romances normais (os de paranormal e fantasia podem ter regras diferentes) que se desenvolvem em dois ou três dias. Podem ser suficientes para uma paixão, mas não para casamento e menos ainda para conhecer realmente uma pessoa. Aqui, a rapariga parece ter visão de raio-X dos sentimentos do rapaz. É demasiado brusco, demasiado excessivo e demasiado cor de rosa para mim. E os amantes mudam de ideias de um momento para o outro, de "Não acredito nele(a) para "ele(a) ama-me", ou de "ele(a) é um(a) mentiroso(a)" para  "é maravilhoso(a)".

A minha irritação foi crescendo, e quase explodi quando temos, não um, mas três casais no fim, e uma linda familiazinha reconciliada. 

Começou bem, boas personagens... deu cabo da intriga.

Sem comentários: